Best laid plans… I slept in a bit this morning, and that was great! There was a message from work, and though it wasn't essential that I drop by, it felt like the right thing to do. So I made a trip of it:
- Credit union (deposit/cash)
- Movie theater (pick up tickets for the Best Picture Festival!)
- Home Depot (pick up a ship-to-store order, that Airbnb thing is slowly coming together)
- Work (being a good employee, also delivering some of those BPF tickets)
- Meijer (for groceries, it's been open for months & this was my first time there)
It's very cold, but the sun is out. As soon as I got home, I started a pot of Chili All Day! It's definitely a good day for that. I was supposed to pick up Kate at the airport at 5:30 (she's been in NYC since Tuesday) and thought that would be a nice welcome home supper, but she won't be arriving until 10:30 now, due to delays. (It could be a nice welcome home bedtime snack!) (And will taste even better tomorrow!) (OMG, I just remembered that I forgot to buy Fritos… hopefully, Rusty will get my text & avert tragedy by stopping for some.)
Here's a Friday Amaryllis update! There's definitely some growth in that front pot, the one in the rear is looking good & healthy but taking her sweet time.
I also ran down to photograph some yarn before it got too late. That update is coming… it sure takes a lot of time to do all the things. Anyway, I really like these… a series of 5 or 6 that were largely inspired by a photo of some fruit, the solid sunny orange skeins are older but they all look pretty good together, non?
I need a nap!