As I sit here in the middle of the 2nd Polar Vortex of the year, which, in simpler terms, means that it's fucking freezing here right now (again), Carole tests with her ToT topic.
Screen shot this morning.
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things I Like About Winter
1. Gigantic snowflakes.
2. Deep fluffy snow.
3. Snow days!
5. Wearing my handknits… and more knitting!
6. It's the best time of year to make & eat soup.
7. It's also a great time of year to snuggle in and catch up with TV shows & movies. A friend is taking it one step further and holding an informal (but themed and quite organized) Film Festival at her house on Wednesdays in February & March.
8. A frosty landscape.
9. Sometimes the light… I love the "blue period" at dusk, when the sky and the snow — everything glows BLUE! Also, sunny days. Sunny days are usually crisp and cold but, hello, LIGHT! It reflects everywhere and, at this time of the year, the sun is slowly rising and feeling warmer. Slowly, slowly, the days are getting longer.
10. Vacation — either going on one (to someplace warm, which I've only ever done once) (definitely not the last) or planning one (Scotland in May)!