Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things On My Summer Bucket List
Oh boy, there are so many things and most of summer still sits before us…
1. Dyeing. I've quite a few things in mind to throw into the indigo vat. I'll be doing a dye day with my sister and nephews one of these days, too.
2. Sewing. An Alabama Chanin A-Line Tunic is going to get underway tomorrow, I hope. I have plans to embellish! I have already begun making the pattern for another tunic, and want to make & refine at least one more square-neck. In addition to some lovely fabric, I've an overflowing bin of t-shirts and scraps to play around with — making things for Junah is in mind for some (but definitely not all) of that.
TTL Mystery Shawl 2015 at completion of Clue #1.
3. Knitting. I'm currently working on (and enthralled by) Kirsten Kapur's TTL Mystery Shawl 2015; I will most certainly finish it this summer. I'd also like to finish my Prickly Poppy cardigan (it's slow going, but it's going) and Sophie's Rose Shawlette (it got stuck on a zipper pull in my knitting bag… I am afraid to look).
4. Day-tripping… a visit to Door County will be coming up sometime this summer; it may wait just long enough 'til those blossoms are ready-to-pick cherries! I haven't actually gone cherry picking since I was in about 6th grade.
5. Baseball! I've already been to one Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game for Stitch 'n Pitch, there's a company picnic coming up in August, and we're working on a family outing next month!
6. Cycling. I really want — and need — to get on my bike and ride for more than a mile at a time! We'll miss the Door County ride/beer festival out of Baileys Harbor this weekend, but plan to do the fall ride out of Sister Bay again later this summer.
7. Cooking. I've been trying some new recipes lately, with inspiration from the Whole30Recipes Instagram feed… and I'd like to continue that!
8. Tidying. Life has been busy, but I need to get back to the life-changing magic!
9. Reading. I've printed off a Bingo card, but expect it will last me far longer than the summer. I'm really looking forward to some of those squares! Currently on my nightstand is The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe, which I am enjoying quite a lot, but may have to take a break to read Still Alice by Lisa Genova for book club!
10. Time off-ing. I've arranged a couple of extra days off next week, to start… I am SO looking forward to it, and to using that time to accomplish some of the above!