"Sew," he said, as he climbed up on the chair by my sewing machine.
That was after he'd already dragged a chair over to the sink to help Grandpa with the dishes!
We also did the second load of "wash" (at his request) in as many visits. He loves to push the buttons on the washer and helps transfer clothes from washer to dryer. It's so funny how he tosses/throws them in… obviously Ali & I have similar technique! Hilariously, he carried the laundry basket with clothes from the dryer into the living room (it wasn't FULL), but that's where the modeling of behavior ends — unless they do laundry altogether differently at his house. Contents of the basket started flying, and there may have been underwear worn as a hat. Heheh.
This little boy…
- He loves looking at a box of photos I have; he says, "Baby!" and, of course, the baby is him! Then he sees one of our selfies, and says, "Nona."
- If I don't respond quickly enough when he calls, he's begun to shout, "NONA!!" And sometimes his little hand, with index finger extended, is wagging at the wrist as he points out and communicates his desire.
- There's a new little gallop-y skip in his walk when he's excited.
- Photos on the fridge are endlessly fascinating. He says, "Mock," and once in a very rare while he'll say "Addy," but those sounds – Maddy, Daddy, Addy — are still getting worked out. He calls his daddy "D."
- The energy! He runs and spins and jumps.
- The humor! He was born into the right family. :)