Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things I'm Looking Forward To In May
The months fly by, don't they? Maybe by taking a minute to really think about what's happening in May, it won't seem like it went *poof* a month from now when June's barrelling down.
1. Hair cut (more likely, trim) tomorrow! I will also be auditioning — or at least discussing — the hairstyle that I have in mind for the wedding.
Yummy custom-made salad with ham-wrapped pickles.
2. Dinner with Alison's future in-laws tomorrow night!
4. Visitors from Oregon, their daughter (a sometime guest at our house) graduating from Lawrence University this year and they'll be here over the Mother's Day weekend for her recital.
5. Mother's Day!
6. Maddy's last day of school on the 17th!
7. The Master Gardeners' Annual Plant Sale on the 18th.
8. Hopefully, an overnighter to Milwaukee for an art opening, premiere of an animated music video (by my cousin's husband) featuring music from the Tritonics new single “Smoky Places,” and after-party. Just because… it sounds like fun!
The middle of the month is very busy!!
9. Memorial Day!
10. My knitting goal for May will be to finish the two shawls that I'm working on for the wedding… and NOT start another baby sweater. Heh. I'm more than half-way on Mexican Wisconsin Wedding and made a good start on Frambuesa last night. Second try! There's errata, for one thing, and some wonkiness regarding stitch marker placement and repeats… I just move them around as needed and "read" my knitting — as long as it reads correctly, I'm good. The markers are eventually removed. I already know that I'm going to LOVE this shawl!
BONUS: 11. I've ramped up the dyeing a tiny bit in the last month or so, the impetus being some fun custom orders and projects! Oh, I miss it!! As things continue to improve and progress in other areas of life, I intend to be doing much more of that beginning in May.