Ten on Tuesday: 10 Foods I Am Looking Forward to Eating Now That Fall Is (almost) Here.
1. Chili. All Day! With Fritos and Football.
2. Soup. Nothing says "warm me up" like a bowl of soup!
3. A Roast. Any kind. With carrots, parsnips, and potatoes.
4. Lasagna. It's always been my go-to in any season, but particularly as it gets cooler outside. And made with some Roasted Tomato Sauce? Divine.
6. Apples. Worth the wait.
7. Roasted Veggies. Any and all!
8. Cranberries. In bread (sparingly). In sauce. I love their tartness!
9. Zucchini Bread. Also sparingly, but it seems every year I somehow have one (large) zucchini that I just don't know what to do with except make bread!
10. Pumpkin Pie. This is the realm of my husband. He *loves* pie… pumpkin and apple, in particular, so this is definitely pie season around here. I can protest 'til the cows come home… there will be pie.
* * * * *
Wisconsin Weather (Fall)
3 Days ago I posted: "I am having warm thoughts about my furnace." It was mid-60s in my house. In spring that feels amazing, in fall… not so much.
Today I posted: "It was a little warm at work today. We had the door open and a fan going but, really, it was warm enough for A/C. We just couldn't do it! It felt as though we'd have been closing the door right in summer's face… (sad face)."
For the record, it's 7 p.m. and still 83F outside.
Tomorrow (day off) is supposed to be much like today. (Yay!)