Determined to get something made over the holiday weekend — which, for me, was 4 days long (so what's the problem?) — I cut out an Alabama Chanin A-line Tunic on Monday. I'd picked up the remaining yardage on a bolt of black & white printed cotton jersey with just that in mind on my one and only trip to Hancock Fabric's going-out-of-business sale. Playing it by ear, I hadn't given much thought to some of the other options and design elements, but when Ina wrote, "Calls for white armhole trim!" Well, of course it did… and, naturally, I didn't have any "white" jersey in the correct shade.
Bump in the road.
Still… determined… I eyeballed the remainders and decided that I had enough to make a little dress/top for Gin!
So I did!!
The pattern wasn't intended for knit fabric… but don't fret, Gin, Nona made it work!
The bodice is fully lined, and Ali used the new snap pliers (also a Hancock score) to add some black pearl snaps at the back.
It was finished on Tuesday, just in time to wear to her cousin's 7th birthday party!
I've had a hard time with focus lately, but managing to move forward!